Since 2000, the Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) has been the principal professional organization for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) professionals, educators, financial services professionals and students who seek advancement in a growing, dynamic profession. More than 23,000 FPA members adhere to the highest standards of professional competence, ethical conduct and clear, complete disclosure to those they serve. Through a collaborative effort to provide members with One Connection to tools and resources for professional growth, business success, advocacy and community, FPA has become an indispensable force in the advancement of today’s CFP® professional.
FPA Staff Values
Demonstrate Agreement with and Desire to Work within FPA’s Staff Values. FPA staff is committed to creating a professional environment that is:
- Respectful: We listen to and are receptive of each other’s ideas and input and assume good intent of all colleagues.
- Collaborative: We work together towards the same strategic objectives, recognize each department’s goals and individual contributions toward achieving our mission.
- Encouraging: We foster a supportive culture that encourages innovation, leadership, trust, and personal and professional growth.
- Responsible: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions and commitments while making positive contributions to the organization.
This position supports FPA’s social media marketing and communications efforts through a variety of channels to different audiences. The Content Marketing Manager will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Team Leader and will work closely with our respective teams to tell the story of FPA to our key audiences, including members, prospects, partners, advisors and employees.
The Content Marketing Manager will conceive and write digital and offline content for use in our sales, service and thought leadership communications and be responsible for distribution.
- Coordinates and executes all aspects of the organization’s social media programming.
- Manage the social media marketing calendar and write content as needed
- Formulate and execute our social media strategy (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) in collaboration with the appropriate parties
- Identify new, effective ways to distribute content to key audiences
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Team Leader on trade shows and events
- Ensure brand and style compliance approvals
- Monitor results and continually improve upon our efforts
- Helps write and develop content for organization’s newsletters, blogs, columns, talking points, executive materials for conferences and events, etc.
- Coordinates FPA’s PlannerSearch.org website by recruiting and overseeing guest contributors from among the members
- Coordinates SmartBrief, a bi-weekly member newsletter, with a third-party provider
- Coordinates the development and distribution of Consumer-Oriented Articles (COAs) by a third-party provider
- Search photos used in social media channels
- Provides assistance to organization’s chapter and member stakeholders to ensure they have appropriate communications & PR tools and resources
- Supports key managers/executives as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree from a four-year college in Journalism, English, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience as a content manager or writer for a brand or an agency
- Top-tier writing skills as evidenced by published writing as an author or ghost-writer
- Experience creating content including video and photography
- A passion for marketing and social media
- Familiar with the full suite of Microsoft Office products
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Favored applicants will have:
- B2B marketing experience—work at or for financial/investment management, market research or consulting firms is a plus
- Experience as a community manager, cultivating an engaged group of social media users
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS
- Ambitious and highly productive, with a desire to contribute to the growth of the business through strategic marketing
- 5 or more years of B2B experience in Marketing Communications developing and managing a broad array of marketing projects including sales tools, direct mail, email, websites, premium promotional items, social, collateral, media (print and digital), signage, research and/or measurement
- MARKETING: cutting edge experience developing and managing broad array of projects including sales tools, direct mail, email, websites, premium promotional items, social, collateral, media (print and digital), signage, research and/or measurement.
- EXECUTION EXCELLENCE - Candidate must be passionate about and excel is execution - focusing on attention to detail, anticipating execution risks, and working independently. Highly self-motivated with drive and initiative.
- CREATIVITY: actively searches out and implements new ideas and ways of thinking, particularly around content delivery and compelling storytelling. Demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately target messages and channels to a variety of audiences.
- PRESENTATION SKILLS: ability to communicate and gain support for ideas in formal and informal settings.
- COMMUNICATION: ability to conduct excellent written and verbal communications and proofread and edit communications. Experience in general business copywriting is essential.
- TEAM-ORIENTED: ability to work in a high-energy (and at times large and complex) team environment. Must have cross-organization/cross-function project management and collaboration skills. Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal stakeholders, influencers, and partners.
- INITIATIVE: strong self-motivation, with a desire to make an impact. Able to work independently.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Candidate must be able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in addition to managing stakeholders across the organization. Operationally savvy, with a commitment to a job well done.