DENVER - The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) is pleased to announce the election of five new members to its Board of Directors. Each new board member will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2014.
The newly elected FPA board members will apply their diverse backgrounds and experience in helping guide FPA’s strategic directive of being the “recognized and unquestioned association of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) professionals” while working to advance the recognition of the financial planning profession.
The new board members include:
- Shawn Brayman, CFP, of PlanPlus, Inc. in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
- Michelle Carney, CFP®, of L. Paul Kassouf & Co., P.C. in Birmingham, Ala.
- Frank Pare, CFP®, of PF Wealth Management Group in Oakland, Cali.
- Dan Skiles, of Shareholders Service Group in San Diego, Cali.
- Evelyn Zohlen, CFP®, of Inspired Wealth in Huntington Beach, Cali.
The FPA Board of Directors is responsible for setting the vision and strategic direction for the association, using FPA's core beliefs as the key filters for making decisions in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of members and constituents.
The 2014 Board will be comprised of 15 total members, which includes the five newly elected members and FPA Executive Director/CEO Lauren M. Schadle, CAE.