Reasons to Attend FPA NexGen Gathering 2018
Fellow NexGen Planners:
While we all love the somewhat unstructured, open-ended format of NexGen Gathering, we admit this structure makes communicating the benefits of attending NexGen Gathering a bit difficult to explain to someone who has never experienced it. As a result, it can be a challenge convincing your employer that taking a few days out of the office to attend Gathering is a valuable use of your time. In an effort to support you as you begin to have these conversations, we wanted to provide a list of reasons why Gathering is a valuable investment:
- Gathering is one of the largest meeting of young planners in the country. Attending will provide you the opportunity to build a community of like-minded planners from all over the country
- The meeting of highly passionate planners in one space inevitably leads to conversations around how to be the best planner – for yourself, your clients, and your firm.
- It is a great opportunity to form study groups, meet new friends, and a cultivate a peer network to share ideas and elicit feedback.
- You can find out what's working and hear from the learning curves of others.
- There are no stupid questions. All topics are fair game. If you're wondering, there's likely another attendee who has had a similar concern or experience.
- You can develop skills to be implemented in the office – learn how your most passionate peers attack day to day client concerns, as well as the overall client experience.
- Gathering will allow you to be exposed to conversation and/or presentations relating to one or more of the following:
- Client Care
- Practice Management
- Enhancing the Profession
- Personal Professional Development
- Networking Skills and Business Development
- This year, we'd like to enable attendees to learn from those who came before us:
- We are inviting a class of Profession Ambassadors to support the experience level of the conference.
- The Ambassadors will spend time in the breakout sessions; participating by sharing their experiences, knowledge base, and suggestions for improvement in the areas of planning, client service, practice management, and personal development, among others.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to support you in attending Gathering 2018. We hope to see you in June!
Kim Scott, Ian Harvey, Brooke Wano
2018 FPA NexGen Gathering Conference Task Force