2018 FPA NexGen Gathering
Scholarship Instructions & Guidelines
Video courtesy of Bryan Hasling, 2015 FPA NexGen Scholarship Recipient
Win a scholarship to the FPA NexGen Gathering! FPA NexGen encourages you to submit an application to attend this event on us. The conference scholarship will cover your registration fee, onsite lodging, conference meals starting from dinner Friday night to breakfast Sunday morning (after hour drinks and/or food are not included), and reasonable travel expenses to and from the conference site.
FPA NexGen Scholarship Committee has developed the following guidelines in establishing its merit-based scholarship program to award recipients to attend the FPA NexGen Gathering.
Congratulations to the 2017 FPA NexGen Gathering Scholarship winners: Jesse Carrillo, Sabina Smailhodzic and Vincent Viveros!
- You must be an FPA member who is 36 years of age or younger.
- You must be a first-time attendee of the FPA NexGen Gathering.
- You must demonstrate and have an intense desire to positively affect the future of the financial planning profession.
Scholarship Winner is Expected to:
- Attend and participate in all FPA NexGen Gathering sessions.
- Prepare a written and/or visual summary of your experience at FPA NexGen Gathering, which may be used in future FPA marketing promotions.
- Decisions to award a scholarship shall be made at the full discretion of the FPA NexGen Scholarship Committee.
- All applicants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all of the scholarship program guidelines.
- Travel expense incurred up to the $500 cap (including airfare, rental car/shuttle service to the conference, and meals) will be reimbursed to the scholarship winner within four (4) weeks of their written/visual conference summary submission. Expense receipts are required for reimbursement. Please note: If the scholarship recipient has already registered for the scholarship, he or she will be reimbursed for his/her registration fee.
- These are all merit-based scholarships. Financial need is not a consideration.
Complete application packages must include the following:
At least one letter of recommendation from a financial services professional or professor on original letterhead or email format clearly listing author’s name, position, company and contact phone information (please scan these documents).
The scholarship application and reference(s) must be submitted via email, subject line: 2018 NexGen Gathering Scholarship Application, to Dana DeLance by 11:59 p.m. Central time, Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Applications and emails postmarked after the deadline date will not be considered and no extensions will be granted.
The FPA NexGen Scholarship Committee will not consider partially completed application packages.
Winner(s) will be announced no later than Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
To support the NexGen Community's ability to award three scholarships per year, we are accepting donations via this form. Please send completed forms to FPANexGen@OneFPA.org.