FPA and PridePlanners, the former organization committed to serving the needs of financial planners who serve LGBTQ individuals and families, are pleased to announce that PridePlanners has integrated with FPA for the benefit of the financial planning community and the public.
FPA and PridePlanners have enjoyed close collaboration over the years to provide education and support to financial planners who serve, or are interested in serving, the financial needs of LGBTQ Americans. With an eye on further bolstering the support former PridePlanners members need to fulfill their roles as financial planning professionals, the integration with FPA is the result of PridePlanners' dissolution as a separate legal entity.
PridePlanner members who are or decide to become FPA members will enjoy access to opportunities/benefits specific to their community:
- Diversity Community Representation: PridePlanners will have a dedicated representative on the FPA Diversity Committee, as they have done since 2010, to represent the community and issues of interest to this group.
- Knowledge Circle: FPA hosts a robust and growing offering of Knowledge Circles, which enable like-minded/focused members to collaborate and discuss specific financial planning topics. FPA has established a PridePlanners Knowledge Circle, which will be hosted by members of the LGBTQ community, to cultivate this body of knowledge and further discussion. Members of Knowledge Circles gain access to:
- Webinars of interest to the community
- The opportunity to contribute content in the form of presentations, whitepapers, blog posts, articles, etc., when opportunities arise throughout FPA (conferences, Journal articles, web content, etc.)
- Access to a PridePlanners-specific FPA-member only community where discussions relevant to this audience can be held, tools and tips shared, and public documents stored.
- The ability to meet as a community at FPA conferences and via telephone conference as appropriate.
- Membership Discount: Members of the former PridePlanners who are new to FPA will receive a one-time membership discount to join FPA. Current FPA members who are also members of the former PridePlanners are eligible for a one-time renewal discount. Simply email us with a copy of the email nottification you received from PridePlanner leadership, and we will process your discount accordingly. Please note, both offers expire May 31, 2019.
Want to get involved or learn more? Contact Christine Richardson.