FPA Residency Program 2019
What is FPA Residency program?
It a highly acclaimed, intensive, week-long, experiential-learning program designed to immerse newly or soon-to-be certified CFP® professionals in practicing the “art of financial planning.” Led by a faculty of highly experienced and nationally known deans and mentors, program participants or residents spend their days role-playing and working through real-life financial planning scenarios.
With the end goal of building the confidence and skills needed to create meaningful relationships with clients, residents gain a deep understanding of how to “do” financial planning, and more importantly, what it means to “be” a financial planner for their clients. Additionally, participants can earn 28 CFP continuing education credits or three months of experience toward CFP Board's three-year requirement.
Who attends the program?
- Anyone who has completed the required CFP Board-registered program and is eligible to sit for the CFP Certification Examination.
- Anyone who is a CFP professional and has held the designation for three years or less.
- Anyone who is a CFP professional who holds the designation and is either:
- Not practicing financial planning for a period of time;
- Not doing client facing financial planning;
- Or wants more training doing the comprehensive, client-centered approach to financial planning.
If you have questions about whether the program is an ideal for you, please contact Jill Clateman, director of learning. She’ll connect you with one of the program deans or past residents if needed.